[pdftex] ....how to add a background image

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat Dec 27 01:26:46 CET 2003

    > Hello, I would like to add a background image / wallpaper to my
    > pdf.  Does somebody knows a possibility ?

If you say "to my pdf" I assume that you have the .tex source file.
If the file is written in LaTeX, then eso-pic.sty is probably the best
thing to use.

If you don't have the source code but only the pdf file, then you
could try the texexec program.  But I suppose that this will break
hyperlinks.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25