[pdftex] \pdfsavepos and friends

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Dec 24 00:37:49 CET 2003

On Friday 05 December 2003 12:41 pm, Marco Loskamp wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I've recently begun playing around with some of the new
> primitives that haven't been documented in  the  versions of
> the  PDFTeX documentation. The syntax-file
> (www.tug.org/applications/pdftex/pdftex-syntax.txt) is quite
> helpful in that respect, except that for some reason I can't
> make commands using "(h, v, m)" run; <---,
>                                      \
> I'm specifically interested in drawing|arrows from within the
> text to a math display, something like "and here|, you can see
> that I really need some extra help".

If that is what you need to do then use pstricks, and set up
pdftex to output dvi code instead of pdf (\pdfoutput=-1).Then
you are just two quick commands away from a pdf file, dvips and
then ps2pdf.

The other option I would look into is metafun, which works with
context, which uses pdftex as its engine.

--
John Culleton
Able Typesetters and Indexers