[pdftex] current filename and current filedate ?

Martin Schröder ms at artcom-gmbh.de
Sat Dec 20 21:21:59 CET 2003

On 2003-12-19 20:46:13 -0500, ivo welch wrote:
> * RCS may not be portably available elsewhere, so if I go RCS, do I lose
> the ability to transfer my documents elsewhere?

No. And it _is_ available (nearly) everywhere. Read the
manual/the man pages. Google is your friend.

> * Programming-wise, it would not be a big step to add two macros for
> \currentfile and \currentfiledate.  There is no operating system on
> which this would likely be difficult.   Are there any modern C
> implementations without a basic Unix-like stat() call?

TeX is frozen.

Please take this discussion elsewhere (ctt is a good place), as
it is not pdftex specific.

Best regards
    Martin
               Martin Schröder, ms at artcom-gmbh.de
     ArtCom GmbH, Lise-Meitner-Str 5, 28359 Bremen, Germany
          Voice +49 421 20419-44 / Fax +49 421 20419-10
                    http://www.artcom-gmbh.de