[pdftex] Re: \pdfdest (was xpdf markers)

Thierry Bouche thierry.bouche at ujf-grenoble.fr
Wed Dec 17 15:22:18 CET 2003

JC> Has anyone used the \pdfdest command? Does it work by itself or
JC> must one have related commands embedded in the text?

like all pdftex primitives, it just works by itself, which means that,
as soon as it is present in the pool file, it is activated and you don't
even have to put it in any source file. This is why all typeset texts
produced with pdftex are Turing-equivalent.

JC> To recap, what I want to have are markers or reference points in
JC> the pdf file so that the xpdf commmand
JC> xpdf foo.tex +xyz
JC> will open at marker xyz. This will be very helpful when authorng
JC> or editing a document and approach a WYSIWYG capability.

What an endeavour! Compared to the "back" button (or Ctrl-<- key) in
acrobat, this sounds promising.

 Thierry Bouche