[pdftex] TeX output as Java graphic

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sat Dec 6 12:40:18 CET 2003

At 03:33 05/12/2003, Todd O'Bryan wrote:

>How hard would it be to pull out the code from TeX that typesets small
>snippets of text (the primitives, I guess it would be) so that I could
>pass a string like "$x^2+y^2=25$" (or its MathML equivalent) and a
>starting point and have that small image be typeset correctly at that
>point. Is anyone aware of anybody doing something like this or leaning in
>that direction?

http://www.pragma-pod.com/ -> mathml processing (couple of years old but it
still runs; not the latest version of context btw)

In the context distribution is a more advance demo but that's too much off
topic for this list.

In context (roughly):

\setupoutput[pdftex]

\usemodule[mathml]

% \usetypescript[palatino][texnansi] \setupbodyfont[palatino]
% \usetypescript[palatino][texnansi] \setupbodyfont[times]
% \usetypescript[fourier] [ec]       \setupbodyfont[fourier]

\starttext
     \startTEXpage
         \startXMLdata
             <math>