[pdftex] \pdfinfo and inputenc.sty

Frédéric Darboux Frederic.Darboux at orleans.inra.fr
Thu Aug 28 15:53:26 CEST 2003

Dear pdfLaTex users.

When I include letters with accent in the information section (/pdfinfo)
of a pdf file, the display of these info is messed up in Acrobat 5. For
example, instead of the word "étude" (see code below), I get displayed
something starting with "unhbox voidb at x"...

It happens if I load the package inputenc with the options inputenc
*before* the command \pdfinfo. To reverse the order solves my problem,
but it does not give me any understanding on what's going on.
Could someone explain to me the interaction mechanism between
inputenc.sty and \pdfinfo?

Regards

Frédéric Darboux

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%