[pdftex] linearization, again?

ivo welch ivo.welch at yale.edu
Sat Aug 23 09:17:19 CEST 2003

given that gs is not reliably capable of linearizing pdf produced by
pdflatex, does han now plan to add it as a feature?  if so, any idea
when it might make it into a test version?

pdf-la-tex is such a great program, I have pretty much abandoned la-tex
per se.  we really owe him big.

regards,

/ivo welch

PS: if anyone knows how to instruct pdflatex to background color a page
from \startpagecolor{green} to \startpagecolor{white}, and do so in the
middle of pages, please let me know.  I would love to color my
appendixes differently, and they can end mid-page.