[pdftex] how to add pdf highlighting?

Dave Brydon david.brydon at att.net
Wed Aug 20 00:40:42 CEST 2003

Hello.  We are using pdflatex to publish books with extensive highlighted
text that extends sometimes over multiple paragraphs and across page
boundaries.  We have not found a satisfactory way to do it.  By
highlighting I mean putting a solid color background behind the text of
sentences, starting at a given word and ending at some other word.  The
highlight color should be contiguous from beginning to end, except  perhaps
at paragraph breaks.
	PDF seems to have a highlight capability built in.  I wondered if there is
some way with pdflatex to insert the pdf command to turn highlighting on
and off?

Thanks very much,

Dave