[pdftex] Installing on RedHat server

chiari mario chiari.hm at flashnet.it
Thu Aug 7 13:36:09 CEST 2003

Hello,
Thanks! You are right! pdflatex is there.

Now, what I get on the broswer window, url =
my_personal_site/../blabla.php, using  the following two files (.tex resp.
.php), is the following:

This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-14h-released-20010417 (Web2C 7.3.3.1)
! I can't write on file `mario_5.log'.
Please type another transcript file name:
! Emergency stop
No pages of output.

A problem of permission?
Another .php file with a fopen command runs for ever. Same issue?

Any help is welcome.

Thanks mario
-----
my.tex file is:
\documentclass[12pt]{letter}
\signature{{mario}}
\begin{document}
\begin{letter}{to me}

\opening{Dear Sir,}

text

\closing{Sincerely yours,} \end{letter}
\end{document}

my.php script is:
<?php

$test = `pdflatex my.tex`;
echo "<pre>$test</pre>";

?>

At 14.29 06/08/03 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Chiari,
>
>I believe that redhat 7.3 (and higher) comes with tetex
>Igor
....>