[pdftex] ANN: AcroTeX eDucation Bundle Update

story at uakron.edu story at uakron.edu
Sun Aug 3 20:41:35 CEST 2003

I've just uploaded a new version of the Bundle.  See

http://www.math.uakron.edu/~dpstory/webeq.html

Major additions:

(1) Full support for PDF forms. All environments that used forms have been rewritten to
include the  new eForm support.

(2) I've release a new package called eq2db, the distribution includes
eq2db.dtx (and .ins), a latex package that converts an Exerquiz quiz
into one that can be submitted to server-side script.  The package has two options
eqRecord and custom.  When the eqRecord option is taken, the quizzes are
set up to submit to a server-side script called eqRecord.asp (also included).
Two sample files quiz1.tex and quiz2.tex are provided as well as a sample
Access 2000 database. The custom option can be used by developers to prepare an
exerquiz quiz for submission to another script, using the eq2db macros.

Because eqRecord.asp is an active server page, this script must be set up on a Windows
server (sorry about that).  I encourage others to develop general CGI that can run on other
systems.  New options could be added to set up quizzes for these scripts. I'm afraid that I
don't have time nor do I have a development environment for scripts on UNIX, for example.

Regards,

D. P. Story

Dr. D. P. Story
The University of Akron
Akron, OH  44325

tele: (330) 972-7514
e-mail: dpstory at uakron.edu
Home Page: http://www.math.uakron.edu/~dpstory/

Home of ...

e-Calculus: A Calculus I Tutorial on the WeB.
Written in TeX and converted to the PDF format.
See it at http://www.math.uakron.edu/~dpstory/e-calculus.html

and of ...

An Algebra Review in 10 Lessons
TeX to PDF