[pdftex] crop marks

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Mon Aug 4 10:00:31 CEST 2003

Hello John and Popescu

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003, John Culleton wrote:

> On Saturday 02 August 2003 18:58, Popescu Cezar wrote:
> > hello,
> >
> > the question that follows dont realy belong to this forum and i
> > apologies fot this.
> >
> > how can be obtained the ``crop marks'' in every single page of a
> > doc, assuming that its final page-size it's much smaller than,
> > let's say, A4?
> >
> > is there a package which does this job? it works with pdftex?

I use Franz Melchior's  crop.sty .

However, with PDF there is a catch, as the crop-marks
are necessarily outside the desired MediaBox, so the page
is trimmed in the viewer to exclude them.

To overcome this, I simply adjust the \pdfpageheight/width
with coding such as:

  \AtBeginDocument{%
     \pdfpagewidth = <fixed-larger-width>
     \pdfpageheight= <fixed-larger-height>
  }

specifying some fixed dimensions, roughly 2 inches larger than
the desired papersize, to allow the crop-marks to be seen.

Hope this helps,

	Ross Moore