[pdftex] errors with caption in a \includegraphics

JARNAC Tommy tommyjarnac at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 1 10:49:50 CEST 2003

Hello and sorry for my english, I am a french student.
I try to write a pdf document for my internship report with pdflatex.
And i have a problem with fonts which come with the caption mark
(in a figure environment). I can see the result with xpdf or kghostview,
the document looks good,
but it displays errors on the terminal when i display pages with \captions{}
inside.
Errors are :
"Error: font resource is not a dictionary reference
Error: Unknown font tag 'F16'
Error (195): No font in show/space"
When i compile with pdflatex, it prints warnings :
"Warning: pdflatex (file pdftex.map): cannot open font map file"
"Warning: pdflatex (file cmss10): Font cmss10 at 600 not found"

I tried to compile with option -k 255 to display debugging info, and
effectively it searches
pdflatex.map in directories where i can't see it. I didn't see any
pdftex.map.
And the oddest is that it's the same problem in two different locations, at
home and at
my work place. So it's not my mandrake installation which goes wrong.
I searched all the web during hours for this problem but i didn't find
anything which refers to its solution.
The version is : pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-1.00b-pretest-20020211-HO20020731
(Web2C 7.3.7)

please if you can help me, i don't know where to look for this problem !
I tried to use the packages ccaption.sty and caption-of.sty, but it doesn't
solve the problem.
I put here my minimal latex exemple source which goes wrong :

\documentclass{report}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
\usepackage[french]{babel}
\usepackage{isolatin1}
\usepackage[pdftex]{graphicx}
\begin{document}
\begin{figure}
\includegraphics[height=10cm]{exemple.pdf}
\caption{blabla}
\end{figure}
\end{document}