[pdftex] multiline TextField

Joern Clausen joern at TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Wed Apr 30 13:15:44 CEST 2003

Hi!

[ Sorry if this has been asked before, but the search engine for the list
  archive seems to be broken (depending on the query, either "Bug in
  Mailman version 2.1.2" or "htdig Archives Access Failure"). ]

I'd like to create a PDF form with a multiline TextField, using pdflatex
and if possible hyperref. The default content of the field consists of
several lines of text (Haskell code, actually). I have found no way to
define linebreaks in this default text within the LaTeX source.

According to the PDF specification, a carriage return is encoded as
"\r". I can insert linebreaks by hand in the generated PDF file, but I
have found no possibility to pass the sequence "backslash - r" from
LaTeX to PDF.

Any ideas are appreciated...

--
 Joern Clausen                                joern at TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
 Faculty of Technology           http://www.TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE/~joern/