[pdftex] Acrobat reader presets.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Apr 23 18:42:53 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 23 April 2003 09:30 am, Andreas Matthias wrote:
> John Culleton wrote:
> > Yesterday I received a pdf from a publisher. When called up in Acrobat
> > Reader the document automatically come up in "actual size."
> >
> > I know how to make a document come up in "FullScreen" mode, using
> > either pdftex or Context. How do I make it come up as "actual size"?
>
> \usepackage{hyperref}
> \hypersetup{pdfstartview={XYZ 0 845 1}}
>
> Since you are using plain TeX you should have no problem
> to find and extract the desired code from hyperref (hpdftex.def).
>
> Ciao
> Andreas

As it happens, I am not using plain tex but pdftex or Context,
depending on the task. Plain tex has no provision for pdf
insertions. The current task is a Context project. But my question
relates to pdftex and not the Context macro package. Hence I asked
it here.

The Pdftex Manual describes how to set four different page modes but
does not cover the question I asked.

Following your suggestion I did discover an apparent fix:

\pdfcatalog{/OpenAction /Fit}

...but surely there is a more direct method to arrive at this
information other than analyzing LaTeX macros?

John Culleton