[pdftex] Pdftex & soul

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Apr 23 16:10:43 CEST 2003

john culleton wrote to thierry templier:

> BTW you are apparently using pdflatex, not pdftex. There are those
> of us who do indeed use pdftex and pdfetex.

we all use pdftex or pdfetex, whether we're using plain, latex, or
context with it.  why else would we be posting to the pdftex list?

i do wish you would stop wittering about these imagined distinctions
of the macro packages that you use.

the only thing that may validly be described as "pdftex" on its own is
what you get with the -i switch -- what used to be desribed as
"initex" -- since that's the only thing that's _not_ tainted with
some macro package.