[pdftex] "different nesting level"

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Tue Apr 15 23:00:17 CEST 2003

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, The Thanh Han wrote:

> it sometimes happens when a hyperlink (link annotation in PDF spec.)
> starts and ends up at different level of nesting. For example, a links
> containing several lines that running accros a page break may cause this
> to happen.
>
> without seeing the whole picture it's hard to say what should be done to
> fix it.

Thank you for replying.  I'm afraid that in this case "the whole
picture" is dreadfully ugly, because this is tex generated
automatically by jade (and processed using pdfjadetex).  The document
in question is about 70 pages, with a lot of small sections and
sub-sections and also a table of contents (it's a manual for a
computer program).  I'd be happy to make the tex file available if
anyone feels up to trouble-shooting it -- or to take directions if
anyone is able to specify a trouble-shooting algorithm.

Allin Cottrell.