[pdftex] pdflatex crashes after the pdf has been output

Tobias Ritzau tobri at ida.liu.se
Fri Apr 11 14:39:27 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I have run into a strange bug. Sometimes when I run pdflatex it crashes
after the pdf (and the log file) has been output. When the "Transcript
written on thesis.log." line has been output, the system hangs for a few
seconds and then it crashes. As I have understood, the problem does not
directly depend on the input, since I managed to get around the problem
before (without change the input.) Usually when it starts crashing it does
so until some magic thing is changed (don't ask me what.) I have tried to
remove all intermediate files, but this time it seems as it doesn't help.

The version I run is:
MiKTeX-pdfTeX 2.2 (1.00c-pretest-20020426) (MiKTeX 2.2)

Does anyone have a clue? The document is rather big. It produces a 190
page pdf-file, and I include other pdfs and a png file. Last time this
happend, I tried to use latex instead but I got some problems with the
images. When I tried pdflatex after that it worked fine, and has been
working for several weeks. However, the bug is back... Still, the
generated pdf seems to be correct, but I'd rather skip the crashes anyway.

/ Tobias