[pdftex] Problem inserting movie file

Jacques MAROT jacques.marot at wanadoo.fr
Tue Sep 24 00:55:54 CEST 2002

I have made a movie file
 http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jacques.marot/droit.mov
that i obtain converting a gif animated
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jacques.marot/droit.gif
and I want insert it in a pdf with the command :

\pdfannot{
          /Subtype /Movie
          /Rect [50 50 450 350]
          /Movie <<
             /F (droit.mov)
             /Poster true >>
          /A <</ShowControls  true /Mode /Open>>
          }

I can read and see my mov file with Quicktime,
but when I want see with acrobat, my pdf file that includes
mov file , Acrobat  answers me that it's not a sequence file.

This works very well if I put the avi file
 http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jacques.marot/droit.avi
instead of mov file : droit.mov.
Can you explain me why Acrobat does not recognize
my mov file that I obtain with Gif animator, saving it
in mov format : I can read it with quicktime, mediaplayer ...
I prefer the mov file because it has  better  quality than avi file
with smaller size.
and

    § ^      ^  §        Hello I'm Jacques MAROT ,
      @    @          20 rue de Picard
    ( .   0   . )         86190 MAILLÉ.  France
          v                Phone/fax : +335 49 60 86 23