[pdftex] [OT] a question about ec fonts

Michel Bovani michel.bovani at wanadoo.fr
Sun Oct 27 12:21:31 CET 2002

Le 27/10/02 1:35, « The Thanh Han » <hanthethanh at fptnet.com.vn> a écrit :

> Dear all,
>
> it looks that the `-' character in ectt* fonts is somewhat lower than its
> counterpart in cm fonts (checked with pk as well as super-cm type1 fonts).
> Thus things like '-+' or '->' looks really odd.

Right. At least I reproduce it.

> Is this a known issue, or
> am I missing something in my tex setup? BTW, the mf sources and metrics of
> this character are identical in cm and ec fonts.

Metric (tfm) information is bounding-box, sidebearings, kerning, ligatures.
The position of the glyph in the bounding box don't appear in the tfm
file...

If I look at cmtt10.pfb and sftt1000.pfb (used at driver level when EC-type1
fonts are called) in fontlab, I see that `-' vertical glyph positions are
different.

I don't know about mf code...

--
Michel Bovani