[pdftex] Handwritten pdf graphics

Tobias Haustein tobias.haustein at aixigo.de
Mon Oct 14 16:48:03 CEST 2002

Martin Schroeder wrote:

> Hu? What are "embedded PDF images"? You mean images included via
> \pdfliteral?

Yes. It's an image that is embedded in the stream by using the BI ... ID ...
EI operators. This is easy to implement, since we don't need pdf objects and
we can store the whole stream in one string (instead of writing the image to a
second file). Of course, it's only a suitable solution for very small images
(like icons or logos).

I've already described the problem in the newsgroup comp.text.pdf, but there
was no useful answer. Obviously, my demo PDF file prints on some printers, and
does not print on others.

A minimal example tex file is attached to this mail. On our printers (HP
Laserjet and ColorLaserjet) there is no output. Acrobat reader on the other
hand has no problems with the file.

Ciao,

Tobias Haustein

--
Dipl. Inform. Tobias Haustein

aixigo AG - financial training, research and technology
Schloß-Rahe-Straße 15, 52072 Aachen, Germany
fon: +49 (0)241 936737-40, fax: +49 (0)241 936737-99
eMail: tobias.haustein at aixigo.de, web: http://www.aixigo.de

multipart/mixed
  application/x-tex
---