[pdftex] a bug in pdfTeX 1.10a?

Martin Kolařík kolarik at mii.cz
Mon Oct 21 10:50:17 CEST 2002

Hi all,

I used pdfeTeX together with ConTeXt to arrange/duplicate/resize two A4
pages to landscape A4. Resulting pages, of course, are of A5 size.

This works, except fonts. The original A4 document contains embedded subset
of font and Acroread displays it correctly -- all used glyphs are correct.
But, if I arrange these pages, some of glyphs of fonts in resulting document
are corrupted -- corruptions occur randomly in any of font and each new
pdfeTeX run the corruption occurs in different place.

I tested ConTeXt's \filterpages and \externalfigure, the direct use of
pdfTeX's \pdf... I did not tested.

JawsPDFCreator, is displayed and printed in AR4/5 correctly. After
joining/arranging pages, using pdfeTeX, randomly some of glyphs are
corrupted in resulting document.

Is this a bug of pdfTeX, or the problem is somewhere in other place?

Thanks,

Martin

--------
Martin Kolarik
Moravske Pristroje, a.s., Masarykova 1148, Zlin 76302
tel. +420(603)498498, fax +420(603)490803
web: http://www.mii.cz
--------
e-mail: kolarik at mii.cz
e-mail: kolarik at click.cz