[pdftex] URIs from Bookmarks

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Wed Oct 16 23:44:03 CEST 2002

Hi everyone.

In the following PDF, produced using pdfTeX:

   http://www.iciam.org/Plenaries/Sloane/sloane.pdf

the 3 bookmarks are supposed to be hyperlinks to HTML pages on the web.
They don't work for me, on 3 different platforms with Acrobat/Reader.

So I'm doubting that I got the syntax correct, with
the  \pdfoutline user {...}   action.

I'm following the example on p.79 of the LaTeX Web Companion;
explicitly, my coding is:

\def\iciamURL{http://www.iciam.org}
\def\titlepageOutline{\pdfoutline user {/S /URI /URI (\iciamURL/)}
 count 2 {\iciamTitlePageTitle}}

and calling  \titlepageOutline  at an appropriate place in the
document (with \iciamTitlePageTitle defined sensibly, of course).

Can anyone spot an error here, and/or show me the correct coding?

BTW, the version of pdfTeX is just a little old:
   This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-1.00a-pretest-20010806 (Web2C 7.3.3.1)
 (format=pdflatex 2001.11.2)

Regards,

	Ross