[pdftex] How to specify the Binding?

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Wed Oct 16 00:05:36 CEST 2002

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 09:53:08PM +0200, Martin Schroeder wrote:

> Acrobat in its File->Document Properties->Summary dialogue has
> the entry Binding: (normal value is "Left Edge"). What exactly is
> displayed there (the value of /Rotate?)

No, it has nothing to do with /Rotate.
There are languages with other reading orders. They can
be specified in the /ViewerPreferences dictionary,
see entry "Direction" there.

> and how can I set the value from pdftex?

\pdfcatalog{/ViewerPreferences<</Direction/R2L>>}
Hello World
\bye

> I searched the PDF1.4 spec but found nothing. :-(

Chapter 8, "Interactive Features"
Section 8.1 "Viewer Preferences"
Page 472 (492 of 978)

Yours sincerely