[pdftex] Typesetting a paper collection

Magnus Lie Hetland magnus at hetland.org
Wed Oct 9 05:31:03 CEST 2002

Hi!

I'm trying to type set a paper collection -- basically a book-like
introductory part prepended to a bunch of articles. I could typeset
all the articles separately, but putting it all in the same file seems
nice, since I can get a common page numbering, TOC, index etc.

Are there any common tools for this sort of thing? The only thing I've
been able to sniff up so far is bibunit (and chapterbib) for
typesetting the paper bibliographies... But it seems I'll still have
to hack things quite a bit to make this work in any reasonable manner.
(E.g. hack the headings for the paper-chapters.) Also, I can't get
bibunit to work with harvard.sty (although it may just be that I can't
get bibunit to work, period :])

If nothing else, can I include multi-page pdf files in pdflatex? (I
guess I could always just use a standard pdf file concatenation
tool...)

Any pointers would be appreciated.

--
Magnus Lie Hetland        Practical Python          The Anygui Project
http://hetland.org        http://ppython.com        http://anygui.org