[pdftex] Handwritten pdf graphics

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Sun Oct 13 13:11:09 CEST 2002

Dear pdfTeX fans,

I am trying handwritten pdf graphics with pdfTeX, without success so
far: I started with what pdfTeX does with a simple \vrule (pdfTeX
creates object 1). This PDF stream I duplicated by hand, see the code
below (pdfTeX creates object 2). Both objects are similar, and can be
used alternatively by hacking the .pdf file.

The problem is, that object 2 is never used, but an object 3 with empty
stream instead. It looks that the line

\setbox1=\hbox{\pdfrefobj\objb}

does not the desired thing. The objects are referenced like this:

/Fm1 --> 1 0 R --> object with \vrule
/Fm2 --> 3 0 R --> object with empty stream

What am I doing wrong? Also I could not find an example about writing
pdf; do you know of a good place to look? Thanks a lot for your help!

Best Regards

Hartmut

The pdfTeX code:

\pdfcompresslevel=0
\nopagenumbers
\parindent=0pt
\newcount\obja \newcount\objb
\newcount\xobja \newcount\xobjb

\setbox0=\hbox{\vrule height 3bp depth 0pt width 217bp}
\pdfxform 0
\xobja=\pdflastxform

\pdfobj stream
attr {