[pdftex] producing a5 booklets from a4

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Oct 8 15:48:41 CEST 2002

At 01:35 PM 10/8/2002 +0100, Kester Clegg wrote

>But does it typset each page correctly for an a5 booklet, or does it
>typset them all with the same margins as if they were being printed on

in the example it will do so, when you also say
\setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided] -)

>single side a4?  When I run that command (texexec --pdfarr --paper=A5A4
>--print=up) on a pdf document here, the a5 booklet has the cover
>correct, the second page positioned identically to the first, which is
>wrong for a book. The third is correct and so on.  That means the left
>hand and right hand margins are the *wrong way round* on the second
>page.  Facing pages should mirror their margin spacing (placing the
>mirror along the binding), so that the space either side of the binding
>is always equal.  At the moment, it's unequal which is unattractive and
>like no professionally produced book on earth!

hm, but is your original typeset as doublesided book? it's up to your macro
package to produce the mirrored margins, isn't it? since the postprocessor
has no knowlegde about the page layout.

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma at wxs.nl