[pdftex] Enabling notes in Acrobat Reader

Martin Schroeder ms at artcom-gmbh.de
Sat Nov 23 00:59:38 CET 2002

On 2002-11-22 13:24:40 +0100, Luigi Ballabio wrote:
> 	the latest version of Acrobat Reader (5.1) allows one to modify
> 	and/or add notes to a PDF document, but only if the creator of the document
> enabled the feature. Is it possible to enable it from pdf(la)tex?

You need a version of pdfTeX with encryption support (to be
removed in future versions), as this is likely (I haven't yet
seen it, so I can only speculate) by setting bit 6 of the user
access permissions dictionary (p.77 of the pdf 1.4 reference).
Note that this would also allow filling in form fields.

Best regards
    Martin
--
               Martin Schröder, MS at ArtCom-GmbH.DE
          ArtCom GmbH, Grazer Straße 8, D-28359 Bremen