[pdftex] pdfbookmarks, wrong pagenumber

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Wed Nov 13 11:33:16 CET 2002

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 06:57:11PM +0100, baar at el.utwente.nl wrote:
        ^^^^^^
I got this mail on Wed, Nov 13?

> Adding a pdfbookmark using
>
> \tableofcontents
> \pdfbookmark[1]{contents}{c}
> \label{c}
>
> results in a bookmark with a link to the last page of the toc i.s.o. the first
> page.
>
> \pdfbookmark[1]{contents}{c}
> \label{c}
> \tableofcontents
>
> results in a bookmark one page earlier than the first page of the toc.

Force it to be on the same page:

\cleardoublepage
\pdfbookmark...
\tableofcontents

> Another question (off-topic).
> Using pdfpages I want to include a dummy pdf-file, containing several pages.
>
> echo %%Creator John >presentation_f.ps
> echo %%BoundingBox: 0 0 800 600 >>presentation_f.ps
> echo 1 1 20 {showpage} for >>presentation_f.ps
>
> generates a very simple postscript file. Gv does not show the pagenumbers.
> Via epstopdf an "empty" pdf document with pagenumbers will be generated.
>
> Under pdftex0.14 the inclusion runs fine.
> Under 1.00a-pretest the following error is obtained: "Error: pdflatex
>  (file ./presentation_f.pdf): pdf inclusion: invalid page contents type <null>"

Some days/weeks before this was discussed here. If I correctly
remember the result was that this was caused by a missing page
object (empty page) and is fixed in the lates (unofficial) version
of pdfTeX.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>