[pdftex] Pdftex and cmap tables

Jean-Christophe Dubacq jean-christophe.dubacq at ens-lyon.org
Wed Nov 6 12:50:38 CET 2002

> cmap tables of a ttf font can be written to a file using ttf2afm. I don't
> remember the options, but running ttf2afm without arguments should write a
> list of avail. options.

In fact, I am making quite a few patches for ttf2tfm, which is a more
straightforward way. Trouble is for fonts that do not have a post table
(such as Arialuni.ttf), and thus cannot be used by pdftex right now.

> I wish I had time to work on pdftex so it can access glyphs via their
> unicode index.

I can try to make a patch for this; I first wanted to check wether this
functionality had been recently added.
--
JC Dubacq