[pdftex] question on displaying brackets in pdf

filippo giorgi killladen at msn.com
Thu May 30 23:16:41 CEST 2002

Hi, I'm the italian student of the brackets...
I took care of the advice on the links. First I couldn't find anythig about
that problem in manuals or web, I suppose becouse it's a very particular
problem. I don't want to waste time to anybody, if u don't care of this
throw it out, but I could not hide that I subsbribed to this mailing list
only to try solving my problem. Here no one knows what the problem is, all
slave of equation editor (....)
I work on Windows 2000 professional and I've installed Miktex 2.1 I think (I
don't know where to see the version of pdflatex). When I compile into a pdf
file for example the following lines

x=\left( {y\over z} \right)^2

I can see correctly the brackets with the acrobat reader 4.0 but if I print
them with a laser EPSON they appears like this 'x/y', they are not complete,
only the upper part is visible. I tried a lot of times with the same effect
even with square brackets.
In atachment I send a scan of the worst page I got printed (even \sqrt are
cut!) someone knows what the matter is??? The printer? acrobat? miktex ?

thanx to all

                        ciao Filippo