[pdftex] Problems with pdftex.map

Michel Bovani michel.bovani at wanadoo.fr
Tue May 14 18:23:42 CEST 2002

Le 14/05/02 16:34, « Adrian Heathcote »
<adrian.heathcote at philosophy.usyd.edu.au> a écrit :

> Hi all
>
> I know this is rather off topic, but while the discussion is on the .map
> files and slanted fonts, I wonder you'd indulge me with a further
> question.
>
> It is this: Suppose one has used Sebastian Rahtz's set of support files
> on ctan to install a postscript font (say Agaramond) and one thinks that
> the slant figure in the .map file needs adjustment; is it a simple
> matter of altering the tan value for the degree of the slant? I'm
> concerned that there might be something else there that needs to be
> adjusted that is not so visible and I don't want to monkey with it if
> there is a balance that can be upset. (And I use both pdftex and dvips.)

I suppose the slantfont in the map file correspond to the slantfont in the
tfm file generated by fontinst...

Something like :
\transformfont{padro8r}{\slantfont{167}{\reencodefont{8r}{\fromafm{padr8a}}}
}

If you only adjust the slant in the map file, the font will not match its
metrics...
--
Michel Bovani