[pdftex] Latest version

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sun May 12 21:03:07 CEST 2002

> I don't maintain Tug or CTAN, so I don't know how they work. Why would
> it take more work than that just to change a stale link?

because there isnt a home site for pdftex in conventional form.

> I don't see any evidence that pdftex has problems, so I don't think we
> need to speculate that these nonexistent problems are due to a
> shortage of workers.

most problems in TeX world come down to a shortage of volunteers.

> I have to admit that I'm perplexed by this whole thing. Why is it so hard
> to update a stale link?

pdftex's primary author is not in a position to run a web site,
and the people developing it don't have the time or energy. at present,
the TeX Live source tree is the definitive version