[pdftex] \pdfstartlink and Java script

Peter Ryder ryder at physik.uni-bremen.de
Mon May 6 12:06:52 CEST 2002

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I am trying to learn how to get
(simple) Java script code into PDF documents via PDFTeX, and after
failing with the hyperref package and form fields (is ther a mailing
list for hyperref?)  I tried with \pdfstartlink ... \pdfendlink. The
following minimum file compiles without any error messages with:
pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-1.00b-pretest-20020211 (Web2c 7.3.7)
(format=pdflatex 2002.3.22), and the Java script code is there in the
PDF document, but the link is not active. Obviously I am missing
something essential. Any help would be appreciated.

Peter Ryder.

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
Choose \pdfstartlink user {/S /JavaScript /JS
(app.fs.defaultTransition = "WipeRight";)} WipeRight.
 \pdfendlink
\end{document}