[pdftex] Problems with pdftex.map

Thierry Bouche thierry.bouche at ujf-grenoble.fr
Mon May 6 10:21:50 CEST 2002

Le lundi 6 mai 2002 à 09:53:53, G. Brettschneider écrivit :

GDB> Thomas Esser wrote:

>>> Change these lines to be
>>>
>>> pplr8rn ".82 ExtendFont TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont" <8r.enc
>>> <uplr8a.pfb
>>> pplr8r URWPalladioL-Roma "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont" <8r.enc
>>> <uplr8a.pfb
>>>
>> Well, Thanh has given me different advice whether to put the fontname into
>> the map file or not. The last thing he told me was to put the names in.
>> Can't someone just fix this bug?
>>
GDB> Isn't it that PostScript names of embedded fonts must be included in the
GDB> PDF output file (so that the first line would not be allowed, because it
GDB> does not tell this name to pdftex)?

No. pdftex use the name it finds in the PFB. If there is a typo in a map
file, it won't be affected by that.

The fact of giving the name in the map file only serves one purpose: if
you include PDF files with fonts whose name appear in a .map, then
pdftex will deal more intelligently with them (remove them from the
included PDF and subset embed them once).

--
 Thierry Bouche