[pdftex] Merging PDFs

Lukas Mathis lukas.mathis at iogram.ch
Fri May 3 11:39:41 CEST 2002

Hi,

I'm new to PDFTeX (and LaTeX). I'm trying to merge two PDF-Files using
PDFTeX. There are two problems I haven't been able to solve yet.

First, I can't seem to figure out how to import PDF files that are
several pages long. They always get cropped after the first page.

Second, if I try to merge a file I got as an output from a previous
merging, it seems to move about an inch downwards and a bit to the left
(I think). Is it possible to use an output PDF as an input in PDFTeX,
and if so, what am I doing wrong?

The .tex-file (merge.tex) looks like that:

    \documentclass{article}
    \usepackage[pdftex]{graphicx}

    \setlength{\oddsidemargin}{0pt}
    \setlength{\evensidemargin}{0pt}
    \setlength{\topmargin}{0pt}
    \setlength{\headheight}{0pt}
    \setlength{\headsep}{0pt}
    \setlength{\marginparsep}{0pt}
    \setlength{\marginparwidth}{0pt}
    \setlength{\footskip}{0pt}
    \setlength{\marginparpush}{0pt}
    \setlength{\hoffset}{-72pt}
    \setlength{\voffset}{-72pt}
    \setlength{\parindent}{0pt}
    \setlength{\paperwidth}{210mm}
    \setlength{\textwidth}{210mm}
    \setlength{\paperheight}{297mm}
    \setlength{\textheight}{297mm}
    \setlength{\unitlength}{1mm}
    \pagestyle{empty}

    \begin{document}

    \DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.pdf}

    \begin{picture}(210,297)
    \put(0,0){\includegraphics[width=\textwidth]{form_001.pdf}}
    \put(0,0){\includegraphics[width=\textwidth]{content_001.pdf}}
    \end{picture}

    \end{document}

For the second merge, I change the \put lines to this:

    \put(0,0){\includegraphics[width=\textwidth]{form_001.pdf}}
    \put(0,0){\includegraphics[width=\textwidth]{merge.pdf}}

I would greatly appreciate any help!

Thanks,

Lucas