[pdftex] Font Expansion / Greetings

David Wooten wooten at uclink.berkeley.edu
Fri Mar 29 19:20:40 CET 2002

Hi all, I'm a happy recent convert to pdftex/pdflatex. (MusixTeX works
better with pdftex!)

Anyway, I'm pretty curious about experimenting with the font expansion,
and have succeeded in doing so with certain fonts (namely, ones I have
source .mf files for). I have read in Mr. Thanh's dissertation that one
can adjust Type1 fonts `by applying horizontal scaling to the font
matrix.' I haven't been able to find a description of how to do this,
say if the given FontMatrix is [0.001 0 0 0.001 0 0]. How would I expand
this font 20 units?

Another question which would resolve a related question (not having the
sources)---does anyone know how to call a family of fonts with of a
specific suffix, namely .tfm instead of .pfb when both are extant?

Thanks,
D.Wooten