[pdftex] memory management problems

Michael Chapman mchapman at mchapman.com
Tue Jun 25 13:06:23 CEST 2002

On Tuesday 25 June 2002 10:55, James Lever wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've been web surfing for a long time to try to solve this
> problem, and all leads point me at the same solution ->
> raise your memory in your texmf.cnf file
>
> Well, I've done this numerous times and attempted to recompile
> my document using many of the various tex varieties and to no
> avail.

There is a (lengthy) discussion on this listed started on Mon, 3 Dec 2001
19:58:17 +0000 (by me) entitled "Hyphenating Cyrillic text.".

(It relates to a lack of memory experienced when trying to load hyphenation
patterns for Cyrillic languages as well as keeping W.European hyphenation
patterns loaded. So I think it has parallels to your problem ... though the
title would hardly help you find it!)

The conclusion, I understood, was one has to change parameters _and_
recompile. (Recompile a format file, not the document ... ;-)>  )

Regards, Michael.