[pdftex] textcolor, lineno and pdfTeX

Guenter Resch guenterresch at utanet.at
Thu Jun 13 19:51:17 CEST 2002

> So to use \color along with {lineno}, you will need to restrict your uses
> of \textcolor to within single lines only.

OK ... even if I understood only help of what you said, this sounds like
bad news. Is there a possibility for a new LaTeX command that repeats
the \textcolor command, let's say on each letter? That would be a nasty
workaround, but the document is a draft only ...

> Maybe there is an alternative package that does work better with pdfTeX ?

The only alternative *I* know is numline, which comes with the following

| LaTeX style file for putting line numbers on margins of at least some
| documents which will survive such treatment.  It works modifying LaTeX
| output routine, so do not expect that this will work on anything but
| simple text!  If it does then you are very lucky person.

And I need to say ... they are absolutely right :( numline successfully
messed up all documents I tried it on so far (I'm using the document
classes from the KOMA script package).

Maybe there is an alternative for highlighting text other than
\textcolor?

Thanks for your help,

	Guenter

--
Guenter Resch - Salzburg, Austria, European Union
Mail: GuenterResch at utanet.at - ICQ: Account on request