[pdftex] Getting the correct word spacing after Macros.

Michael Chapman mchapman at mchapman.com
Tue Jun 11 12:12:07 CEST 2002

On Tuesday 11 June 2002 10:34, Michel Bovani wrote:
> Le 11/06/02 12:01, « Kester Clegg » <kester at cs.york.ac.uk> a écrit :

> > Use a decent editor that intelligently expands abbreviations as you type!
> > (emacs?)
>
> It is not exactly the same way... It remains possible to re-define a macro,
> not an emacs expansion... OK, OK, there is no reason to redefine what \USA
> do.

Thanks to all, for rapid and helpful responses.

Apologies, my example was over trivial: the macros are actually for
words/phrases in a variety of languages and alphabets. So a codes of upto
eight letters puts a (for example) Cyrillic phrase in the text _and_ indexes
it _and_  ... ...

Final hurdle now crossed. Regards, Michael.