[pdftex] Initials by Y. Haralambous

Timothy Murphy tim at maths.tcd.ie
Mon Jun 10 15:15:14 CEST 2002

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 03:07:28PM -0400, John S. Dey wrote:

> I ask for you indulgence and help.  I downloaded the mf file to
> Initials.  There are no instructions for installing.  Is there someone that
> could point me in the right direction.  Thanks for your patience.

Here's how I use it:

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{drop}
\font\largefont=yinitas

\begin{document}

\drop{T}his is a test.

\end{document}

When you latex or pdflatex this
the pk (bitmap) font should be made automatically.
(Don't forget to "texhash" after installing the .mf files.)

There are a number of newer packages which do the same as drop.sty ,
but I've always found "drop" works well.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: tim at maths.tcd.ie
tel: 086-233 6090