[pdftex] ANN: AcroTeX eDucation Bundle

D. P. Story story at uakron.edu
Mon Feb 25 11:16:15 CET 2002

Helllo;

I've just uploaded a new version of the "AcroTeX eDucation Bundle",
(read "AcroTeX Education Bundle").  Other than some important
internal changes to the latex code, the significant new feature is
that Exerquiz can  now process quiz questions in which the
anwser is expected to be an *equation* .  Previously, exerquiz
could not handle equations as answers.

See http://www.math.uakron.edu/~dpstory/webeq.html

I've included a copy of the annoucement that I made a couple fo
weeks ago for a more complete description of the AcroTeX Bundle.

Regards,

dps

%---------------- previous announcement ---------------------------%

Hello all,

I've just uploaded the Web/Exerquiz Packages, now bundled
together
under the name "AcroTeX eDucation Bundle", read,
"AcroTeX Education Bundle".

The bundle comes with four componets
(1) The Web.sty : for good screen design
(2) The Exerquiz Package : for online exercises and quizzes
(3) The insdljs Package : for introducing document level JavaScript
into the PDF document from a LaTeX source
(4) The dljslib Package : A library of JavaScript functions, with the
package, you can "check out" a function for use in your document
(no
library card needed :-)

What's New: The introduction of the insdljs Package enables the
LaTeX
author to write his/her own JavaScript in the LaTeX source,
the functions end up at the document-level of the final PDF
document.
This is a standalone package that needs only hyperref.

Exerquiz has been rewritten to use this package, and new
arguments of
the math fill-in macro are introduced that lets the author specify a
JavaScript procedure that will process a given question. As such,
Exerquiz becomes quite programmable. See jqzspec.pdf for
example to
see how Exerquiz can now process math fill-in questions for which
the
answer is expected to be a vector.

In anticipation of the usefulness of insdljs, I recently wrote the
dljslib package. This package acts as sort of a library of routines
you can insert into your document. Very cool.

I've also introduced a text fill-in question, which has many options,
see the manual and jtxttst.pdf.

I've changed some internals to make it easy to convert an in-
browser
quizzes to quizzes that can be submitted to a web server. More
later.

The home page of the new "AcroTeX Bundle" is were is was before,
at