[pdftex] eps files and pdflatex

Marc LAZAREFF Marc.Lazareff at onera.fr
Wed Feb 13 09:52:01 CET 2002

"Alfred K. K. Wong" wrote:

> Greetings:
>
> I encountered the following problem: a latex file in the seminar class
> that incorporates eps graphics was successfully compiled and printed.
> However, pdflatex complains about the ".eps" extension being unknown.
> Any advice is appreciated.  The latex file reads
>
> \documentclass[a4]{seminar}
>
> \usepackage{epsfig}
> \usepackage{pstricks}
> \usepackage{pst-node}
> \graphicspath{{./figures/}}
>
> \begin{document}
>
> \begin{slide}
>   \includegraphics[width=0.75in,height=1.5in]{present.eps}
> \end{slide}
>
> \end{document}
>
> Thanks.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Alfred Wong
> Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
> The University of Hong Kong

Hello,

You may have better luck with a '.png' version of your graphics file
(converted from EPS to PNG using e.g. The Gimp), and omitting the
extension in the \includegraphics statement ... (no extension also works
for LaTeX/dvips).

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Lazareff      Phone  : 01 46 73 42 73
 DSNA/ELSA         E-Mail : Marc.Lazareff at onera.fr
  ONERA 29,Ave de la Division Leclerc 92320 CHATILLON FRANCE