[pdftex] pdfTeX version (was: pdfTeX 1.00a: Problems with png images)

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sat Feb 9 18:15:51 CET 2002

On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 05:32:04PM +0100, Andreas Matthias wrote:

> Where did you get this version? It is not on
> ftp://ftp.muni.cz/pub/tex/local/cstug/thanh/pdftex/snapshots/
>
> Is someone other than Thanh now responsible for the
> development of pdftex?

sort of. ultimately, I regard web2c as the canonical
home of pdftex, but in the development stage various
people come up with intermediate versions. Martin
Schroeder is currently the  most active, but the version
I quote has changes by Fabrice Popineau for xpdf 1.0

I stress that in no way is anyone working behind Thanh's
back! He is not able to do day to day maintenance like
this (caused by small bugs, or changes to associated
software, or enhancements he is not interested in like
pdfcrypt), but I am sure we all hope he'll be
involved in any any serious upgrading.

> I am working with
> pdfTeX (Web2C 7.3.7) 3.14159-1.00a-pretest-20011114-ojmw
> This version is included in teTeX-beta. But it is not on
> ftp.muni.cz, too. How has released this ojmw version?

yes, effectively