[pdftex] Open type fonts / Omega / ...

Michael Chapman mchapman at mchapman.com
Tue Feb 5 13:35:16 CET 2002

On Tuesday 05 February 2002 09:48, Kester Clegg wrote:
> Well, there was an article in TUGBoat vol 21 that suggested virtual fonts
> for TeX and Omega could "contain all the glyphs defined by the T1 encoding
> as well as all the alternates, swashes, extra ligatures, and fraction
> components because they are 16-bit Omega fonts."

Hi naïve question (I'm the naïve guy you all helped with my Ukrainian
[Thanks!] ... who is now trying to put RtoL quotations in Arabic in an
English 'book' ...), but ....

Can anyone comment on Omega ?

I've visted the website, downloaded the software, joined the mailing list ...
done all that ... just need someone with three or more years more experience
than myself to sum up whether I'm being idealistic in hoping for a snappy
universal-encoding2pdf processor, or not?

Regards,  Michael