[pdftex] Open type fonts

Kester Clegg kester at cs.york.ac.uk
Tue Feb 5 10:31:51 CET 2002

On Tuesday 05 February 2002 10:11 am, you wrote:
No, it isn't good.  But yes, the somewhat derisory script is attached.
Please note it is an extremely basic hack, but it might be of some use to
someone desperate somewhere.  Possibly.  It will only run on linux to my
knowledge, and uses locate and wget if it can't find what it needs.    Just
copy the script and your ttfont to a directory and run it.  Don't laugh too
hard, unless you're prepared to improve it.
k.

> Hello,
>
> At 10:12 +0000 31.01.2002, Kester Clegg wrote:
> >I have written a little perl script based on an article at
> >http://www.cs.ruu.nl/~otfried/Pdftex/
> >that sets up a true type font locally in a few seconds for use with
> > pdflatex. It works great with ttfonts.
> >
> >The script itself can use either ttf2tfm or a combination of ttf2afm =>
> >afm2tfm, whichever is installed.
>
> This sounds very good, is the script available?
>
> Jens

Kester Clegg
Research Associate (UTC )
Department of Computer Science