[pdftex] Can anyone give me a hint !

Herman Bruyninckx Herman.Bruyninckx at mech.kuleuven.ac.be
Sun Dec 29 09:14:18 CET 2002

On Sun, 29 Dec 2002, Daniel Pope wrote:

> Though now I'm able to use pdflatex with all mathematic symbols I needed,
> I cannot include images inside  pdf files.
> I tried first with .gif and .jpg but since it's more complicated,
> I tried with .eps files (generated with ADOBE photoshop).
> Nothing is inserted and the following example produces to me
> a white  .pdf file.
> Can somebody tell me what's wrong ?

EPS cannot be directly integrated in a PDF file; first convert it to
PDF, by for example the epstopdf program.

Other acceptable formats are PNG (bitmaps) and JPEG (photographs).

[...]
> \DeclareGraphicsRule {.eps}{eps}{.eps}{}
I don't think you need this. I don't ever use it myself ...

> \begin{center}
>   \includegraphics[bb=0 0 89 100]{jamie_pr.eps}
> \end{center}

Here should come a PDF file (or PNG, JPEG).

Herman
--
  K.U.Leuven, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics Research Group
<http://people.mech.kuleuven.ac.be/~bruyninc> Tel: +32 16 322480