[pdftex] Re: (fwd) dvips/pdftex: font / buffer overflow

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Thu Dec 19 19:13:21 CET 2002

Funny: Your testchrimbob.pdf works here with Acroread, but not with xpdf
2.0 (I get only crazy letters).

Anyway, you include the font as True-Type, but I use the PostScript .PFB
version, which is another software interface, and then it is definitely
blocked within writet1.c, as long as the T1_BUF_SIZE isn't increased.

I'm currently writing cards, with T1_BUF_SIZE = 16384, which works, for
both dvips and pdftex.

The PS Ref. manual, section B.1 tells typical implementation limit for
string size would be 65536. If this is the parameter (hard to tell), it
is really higher than the current T1_BUF_SIZE.

Merry Christmas!

Hartmut