[pdftex] Adding an index to the bookmark

Joe Riel joe.riel at incep.com
Thu Aug 29 13:07:27 CEST 2002

Yes, I'm using hyperref.

I didn't clearly explain what I am trying to do.
It's not that I want to add an entry for the index
in the bookmarks window (in AcroReader)
[the tocbibind package from Peter Wilson worked great,
thanks for that], but rather that I want to add
the whole index to the bookmarks window [what is it really called?]
so that I can click on a hyperlinked index entry in the
bookmarks window and jump to the proper place in the document.

This could make index browsing in Acroreader much more convenient.
Currently I have to move to the (hyperlinked) index at the end
of the document, find the index entry, and then jump
to the source.  That works fine for one search, however,
doing this several times is a bit cumbersome.
The advantage, as I see it, to putting the whole index in
the bookmarks window is that it is always available.

Joe Riel