[pdftex] post processing

Thierry Bouche thierry.bouche at ujf-grenoble.fr
Thu Aug 29 19:53:20 CEST 2002

Bonjour pdftex,

 Question of the day: suppose I have a large collection of PDF files and
 I want to alter them in some way afterwards, are there programs
 allowing it safely?

 Possible application: byte-optimize & applying modification-protection
 with password. Also some validation would be nice.

 The program I'm seeeking should be useable as un batch under linux and
 accept a list of files or directories to treat as input.

 The only program meeting _some_ of my requirement I know is acrobat 5
 under windows. Apart from the OS problem, it has a serious bug when you
 use it recursively on directories: it converts (or try to...) any
 encountered files to PDF even if you tell it not to...

Thanks,

 Thierry