[pdftex] hyperref, makeidx + <showidx>

Stueker, Dirk dirk.stueker at volkswagen.de
Mon Aug 19 12:13:27 CEST 2002

Hi,
I discovered a problem with the following document:

%
==============
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{german}

\usepackage{makeidx, showidx} \makeindex

\usepackage[colorlinks, hyperindex, bookmarksopen, bookmarksnumbered,
pdfstartview=FitH,
            pagebackref, linkcolor=blue, citecolor=blue,
german,plainpages=false,pdfpagelabels,pdfstartview={}]{hyperref}

\begin{document}

Confusing index\index{index}.

Next word\index{word}.

\printindex
\end{document}

%
==============

As soon as I use the showidx option, the index does not work any more (it
just reads "indexfile".
Without the showidx-option everything works fine, but one can not see the
index-markers in the
document (quite useful for debugging).

My Latex-Version:
pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-1.00c-pretest-20020426 (MiKTeX 2.2)
My hyperref-Version
 2002/08/04 v6.72v

Any help is really appreciated.
Thanks in advance